Monday, July 1, 2013

7/1/13


This week I found out why it was 115 degrees here with my old companion, and why it's only 109 here now. It's because dumb Elder Goates would put the thermometer in the sun for like 20 minutes before reading the temperature! haha It's not quite as crazy as I thought here! But this week was super cold (according to everybody here) because  it was like 103 degrees from 12 to 4, then about 85 degrees at 5. We had rain 4 times. Its been so nice this week! Its nice to be able to go into the shade and actually feel cool!
      
If you can notice, my English is really dying. I'm forgetting words like crazy, but more than anything, I feel like I'm just talking really choppy! But my Spanish is getting SO much better! My companion tells everyone I'm fluent. (Even though I'm not) just so they'll talk to me really fast and with big words so I can learn more. So this week I haven't understood as well as I did before, but I'm learning so fast. It's awesome! But I still have an AWFUL memory so it's hard to remember a lot of words! Like grammar and stuff I know, but my vocabulary is still small.

I'm going to get the package hopefully this week. We get our letters and packages every zone meeting, and those are usually the first week of the month. And I still don't know the address or my mission president or anything. Hopefully we have a capacitaciĆ³n soon so we can learn the new rules!

This week we worked harder than in any other week in my mission. I'm really starting to love everything about the work. It's starting to be like sports, where I just want to work super hard all the time, because the reward is worth it. 
   
We have a baptism this week for a little boy named Richard. He doesn't count as a baptism for the mission, because he's still 8 years old. But the Branch president hasn't been able to teach him, so we've been doing it. So for me it feels the same as a normal investigator. So I'm really excited about that.

Also this is our last week with Alena before she moves to Culiacan. Hopefully the missionaries there are good ones! She's going to come back here on the 20th to get baptized with her sister, but I have a feeling I'm going to be transferred this Monday, so I wont be here for it.. But all that really matters is that she gets baptized! I'm just excited to get the news that she went through with it.

I don't have a lot of time right now because theres like a million people here in the Ciber waiting for computers!
Love you!
Elder Lund


Scott's 1st zone (Guasave) with new mission president Scott is behind the President and companion Elder Lopez is in glasses two to the right

No comments:

Post a Comment