Monday, December 16, 2013

12/16/13

I got transferred to an area called Bella Vista. Its the richest part of Obregon and its the most baptizing area in the mission because the ward works so hard. I also got put as zone leader and my companion, Elder Larson, is in his last transfer and is working super super hard. Our house is gigantic too. Its 2 floors and we live there with the assistants. It’s for real the nicest place ever.

Last night I went with everybody and said goodbye to them all which was pretty hard. The bishop’s daughters made me a cake for my birthday because I’m not going to be there on the 27th and another family also made me a cake. We went with the family Pelaez, and the hermano gave me a bible that his dad gave him when he was a kid and he took with him everywhere always. They are battling with money like crazy and they felt bad that they couldn’t buy me a big expensive gift so they only gave me the little bible. But that was honestly the coolest gift I could have ever gotten. Then after we went with an hermana that was less active but has started going to church, but her son has been super rebellious lately but when we started talking to him he started to clean up and now says he wants to go on a mission. She almost started crying when she told me how much we had helped her son. Then after her son gave us a ride to the house of other missionaries and gave me an ice cream to say thanks for everything. That was super cool to hear all that because there were a bunch of days that I felt like we weren’t having anything of success but I realized that if we’re working hard God doesn’t let our efforts go to waste.


Love Elder Lund

O I forgot to tell you! I was walking with my companion and a priest from the ward and we randomly decided to change the road we were walking on. And right like 30 seconds after we changed roads we heard somebody shoot a gun and a bunch of people screaming. Right where we were at somebody killed somebody, and if we would have been there watching he probably would have killed us too. Thats awesome huh!

No comments:

Post a Comment